Hello folks! My name is Austin Barbisch and I have been a personal trainer and massage therapist since 1996. The purpose of this blog is mainly to pass on information that I have acquired through my experience as a personal trainer, competitive natural bodybuilder and ultra-marathoner. I feel that everyone is beautifully different in the structural forms they hold, but I also feel that there are general rules that apply to most people. I will give information about what the average healthy person needs as well as the athlete trying to gain muscle, endurance or both.
* How much protein do I need?
* How much and what types of carbohydrates should I have?
* When should I eat for training and /or weight loss?
* How much sleep do I need?
* How often should I workout?
* When I weight train should I work different body parts throughout the week?
* How should I set up my own home gym?
and many more!
I will be experimenting on myself as well. Over the last few years I have competed in many natural bodybuilding shows and ran a 12 hour ultra and 100 mile race (along with many half and full marathons). I will switch to all plant-based protein by the end of Aug 2012 and compete in these same activities over the next year. Visit the Competitions page for last years results and we’ll compare my times in the upcoming show and races. Of course there are many factors that can affect results (temperature, humidity, who shows up), but this is going to be fun as hell anyway! Thanks for reading and I hope you stay with me through this journey.